Do you know how important your brain health is like body health? Read this post and find the Six Foods That Can Boost & Give You Better Brain Health.
Do you know that our mind is a superior force; it can empower us or enslave us. It can take us to the heights of ecstasy or plunge us into the depths of misery? Therefore, we must be known to use it wisely.
And for your brain to function and analyze situations properly, you must have good brain health. But, while your brainpower and health improve by brain use, just as our body strength and health grow with exercise, other ways can help you achieve the same goal!
Find out Six Foods That Can Boost & Give You Better Brain Health.
What is Brain Health?
Our brain is a complex brain with at least three different levels of daily life functions:
- Maintenance of mental, emotional, and cognitive processes
- Control of movement and interpretation of senses
- Maintenance of social cognition and normal behavior
So, apparently, brain health means preserving optimal mental and cognitive function and brain integrity.
Why is Brain Health Important?
Our brain health matters in every area of our life:
- A healthy brain improves motor function and coordination
- A healthy brain helps protect yourself from memory loss
- A healthy brain supports your goal, passion, and happiness
There are several other reasons why our brain health is important, and we hope that you now understand them all.
Six Foods That Can Boost & Give You Better Brain Health
Here is the list of our six best foods to help you boost your brain health:
- Green And Leafy Vegetables: Vegetables such as kale, collards, spinach, and broccoli are rich in brain-healthy nutrients like folate, lutein, and Vitamin K.
- Berries: Yes, you read it right! As per some research, berries like strawberries and blueberries help delay memory loss. It is believed that the flavonoids in these berries help improve memory and, thus, your brain health.
- Walnuts: Walnuts, in particular, are rich in protein and omega-3 fatty acids called ALA (Alpha-linolenic Acid) that help lower blood pressure and cleaner arteries, which is good for both your heart and brain. And nuts are also associated with excellent sources of healthy fats and proteins.
- Fatty Fish: Just like walnuts, fatty fishes like salmon, cod, and pollack are rich in omega-3 fatty acids that are linked with lower blood levels of beta-amyloid (a protein that damages the clumps in our brains).
- Coffee and Tea: A small cup of coffee or tea in the morning might give you more than an instant, short-term concentration boost. According to research, people with high caffeine intake scored better on mental function tests.
- Tomatoes: It was found through some research that lycopene, a powerful antioxidant found in tomatoes, helps protect any damage to the cells that occur when a person has Dementia (especially in Alzheimer’s). Even fruits like papaya and watermelon supply the same nutrient and thus, help boost your brain health.
The Concluding Thoughts
This was our list of Six Foods That Can Boost & Give You Better Brain Health. We have tried to incorporate all the reasons we have chosen these food items. In addition, several other food items help improve your brain health, and you learn about them too.
Please reach out in the comment section if you have any queries and keep your body and brain healthy. Also, visit here to learn about Why It Is Essential To Have A Balanced Diet.